9.09.2011

patterns added to the store & a thumbs up for Spud & Chloe!

I stayed up way passed my bedtime last night so that I could add my Pumpkin Hat & Honeycomb Hat patterns to the pattern store here on my blog & on Ravelry.  If you are not familiar with Ravelry, it is a free website for knitters & crocheters.  It is an amazing resource for pattern information, downloads, yarns, designers and much much more.  To gain access, you have to become a member, but again, it's free!

I'd like to give a big thumbs up to Spud & Chloe for their yarn support that made my Pumpkin Hat possible.  I was on the look-out for a pumpkin colored yarn that would have great stitch definition.  Their line of worsted weight yarn called sweater gave me the gauge I was looking for, the perfect fiber blend (55% superwash wool / 45% organic cotton) and a great pumpkin color (cider: #7515).  For the green stem I used color #7502 (grass).



This yarn would also work perfect for any garment that will be worn against a child's skin, as the superwash/cotton blend passes my kids' "it's not itchy" test!

1 comment:

  1. Everyone loves a good before & after. Seeing the wool in its raw state and then the finished hat is amazing!

    ReplyDelete