7.24.2011

Special project & what else is in the works...

I received these skeins of yarn in the mail a few weeks ago.  I am super excited about the finished pattern & project, but for now it must be kept top secret, to be revealed at a later date.  I can say that I love this yarn!  It is a wool/cotton blend that has passed my girls' test of not being "too itchy".


I am also working on editing my honeycomb hat pattern so I can load it up for sale.  It will be available in 3 sizes: infant, child & adult.


Lastly, I am knitting a hooded dinosaur jacket based on the pattern by Zoe Halstead for the Grandson of a good friend of mine.  Just when I'm thinking that I'll give my brain a break & follow a pattern written by someone else, I have diverted and decided to knit this jacket differently than the pattern states.  Instead of knitting it in pieces and then sewing it up after it's been felted, I'm knitting it in one piece from the bottom up, sewing the shoulder seams and then picking up stitches for the sleeves and the hood.  We'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment